Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cuteness and Book Study

Hello Friends! :)  It's finally raining today in Chicagoland which will hopefully cool things down a bit (it's been H O T!)

I feel like my head in is in fourteen different places with so many ideas swirling around~ it doesn't help that I am blog stalking and getting a TON of new ideas everyday! Ugh.

A few weeks ago I stumbled upon a post from Maria @ Kinder Craze and she shared some great things from
Ok, this Melanie is pretty amazing!  She has most of her things for sale at Teachers Notebook and you can get there by clicking the picture above.  But wait to you see this....
eccampbellphotography_schoolgirlstyle_owls53
I think I'm in LOVE :)  These are so cute!!  I have a polk-a-dot theme in my room and I love the colors of these!  I like the idea of hanging them above the different "Tables" in my room.   I was inspired and made some "dot" type table cards just for the chance that I do get these :)  I have them {here} for you if you are interested :)  (graphics from Tracee Orman and From the Pond)

I am gearing up for the book study next week on Guiding Readers!  I plan to devote the entire week to discussing Guiding Reading!  I will be sharing my thoughts on Chapter 2 of the book as well as share some group ideas, book ideas, and reading response sheets that I have created.  If you are interested in learning more about this topic, please stop back!  Also, if there is something specific you are wondering about, please leave a comment and I will be sure to address it!  I'm NOT an expert but I'm hopeful to learn some new things after reading this book (which I might add is on back order and I'm CROSSING my fingers it will be here soon!! ).  I will also discuss how to incorporate Daily 5 and the BASAL with Guiding Reading.... something I have struggled with and I am STILL working on :)  I am looking forward to hearing about how you all make it work too!  It should be a great learning week for all!!  Remember to stop by Thinking of Teaching for the calendar of blog presenters.  And if you are interested in getting the book, {read my post} of how to do so! :)

Thanks as always for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! I have become obsessed with owls, poms, and these paper lanterns!! So something to this effect will be taking place in my room this year too :)

    ❤- Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to see pictures when you get it figured out! :)

      Delete
  2. Very cute! I'm using polka dots next year, too. Love them.

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new follower! You left me a comment on my blog "heidi'skrazykinder.blogspot.com" and I came over to you:)
    Nice to meet you. Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your cute blog! I love using the Reading Workshop in my classroom but it is difficult to use a reading basal with this model. Come by and check me out :)

    Twins, Teaching and Tacos.

    ReplyDelete